End of Year Reflection: Senior Year

 e-Communications has been very fun and an overall great experience that has taught me many skills that being, technical, communication, management, leadership, and collaborative skills.  I learn how to use technology better thanks to e-Comm, how to manage a busy schedule, how to work in a team better, and how to show leadership when needed. Between normal school work, e-Comm, and work, the week can get very busy and learning to manage and prioritize was tough. I know in the future, being able to manage a busy schedule will be a necessity, and I am safe to say that I’m ready for it. My top three project from this year are the commercial, PSA, and music video with the music video being my favorite out of the three. The music video was the quickest as it was at a perfect time for everyone and everyone was available for shooting it, the video is definitely the best video I'm able to put my name on, other than the feature films of course. The vast majority of the feedback given was positive criticism with some exceptions with comments describing the camera work. The PSA was more so the opposite as when making it the idea was going to be much bigger than it turned out to be but the finding the time to film it was difficult. So while it still came out as good, it wasn't as good as it could be. Still very enjoyable. The commercial was a nice comeback to working on project again as it was still very good, it was intentionally funny and still sold the product well. Similar to the PSA it was going to be bigger than it turned out to be, but it still was good. Now when talking about the feature film, I feel as if I could put more work into it. I started to work more hours in late winter/early spring than in fall which cause me to be more tired. Because of this I couldn't make it to a filming day to help where I could either because I was tired, had work, or had school work. For the film I was one of the Composers and the Foley Artist. I'm not sure if I did much in either of those roles in which I wish the opposite occurred. Still the film turned out great, especially with the handicaps at the time. e-Communication overall was a very enjoyable experience and I would recommend anyone who can to consider applying for the program.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Junior Year, Video Entertainment, Semester Uno

e9 Quarter 4 project