Film Reel 2020 -2021




    This is my film reel for 2020. It is composed of three projects: Lazy Sunday, The Date, and Monopoly Commercial. The style I was trying to convey in it was a more fun, light-heart style as it is the first film reel I made composed of just comedy. In this film reel I tried going for music that had good energy but wasn't meant to be very energetic as I felt a problem that I had in my last film reel was the energy of the song didn't match some of the clips. When looking for the music for the reel, I wanted to go with a song that had no chance of getting copyright claimed as the last film reel song was the instrumentals to "Treasure" by Bruno Mars Something else I was looking to improve was going from a shaky shot to a steady shot as I remembered that I gave a disorienting feel when watch the reel. To solve the problem I removed shots that had too much shake in them and shots that were mildly shaking and shots that where steady where put together. I tried to get the highlights of each of the films so that when watching the reel you had an idea of what the films might be about and could spark interest into watching the films. 

    In the next film reel I would try to give the reel a more professional feel to it by adding more cinematic shots as there is only one shot in the entire film reel that gives a cinematic feel. I would also add some more genres into the film reel as I'm a big fan of many genres. However, with that being said I would still keep comedy in the film reel as I am still a big fan of comedy. I would also tell the audience which films are which. Mainly I would try to diversify more as a filmmaker. Mainly I've leaned more towards comedy films because I would say a fun aspect is something that can often be forgotten about in movies. While every movie doesn't have to be a comedy, some movies I can see as being too grim with the only exception being horror movies as comedy and horror is a possible but they can cancel each other out and the film ends up being boring. However, I've been forgetting to add the drama elements into making films and that is something I would add in my next film reel. Overall the name of the game with this film reel was to improve on some crucial mistakes in my previous film reel while keeping the good things about the previous one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of Year Reflection: Senior Year

Junior Year, Video Entertainment, Semester Uno

A to B Sequence